sued51 has nominated my blog for the Reader Appreciation Award. The title of her blog is very lovely:
Last Train to QVille A Wonderful Place to Visit.
sued51 loves to read and write. We got to know each other’s blog as we both participated in the Weekly Photo Challenge, which gives us a chance to know a lot of blogs that we are not aware of. Through the weekly photos presented by the fellow blogger, I ‘ve got to find some interesting blogs like the Last Train to QVille. I was particularly impressed by her self portrait in the Weekly Photo Challenge : Silhouette
Thank you for nominating me for this Reader Appreciation Award. Although we didn’t talk a lot, I know we appreciate each other’s posts. I look forward to learning more from your posts, particularly your recommendation of authors and poets that you like.
Here are the requirements for accepting this award:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and share a link to that blog – Done!
2) Attach the award icon to your site –Done!
3) Answer some specific questions. Unlike many awards which just ask for some random things about you, this asks specific questions as follows (with my responses):
- Your favorite colour? black
- Your favorite animal? I used to like cats when I was a child. Currently I don’t have any pets. It doesn’t mean that I don’t like them. I just didn’t have the chance to look after them.
- Your favorite non-alcoholic drink? My readers would have known this…coffee, of course, what else!
- Facebook or Twitter? Neither. I own an iPhone, an iPad, laptop and desktop….and I use many tools and apps to the greatest extent. I have numerous blogs, including WordPress, Blogger, and tumblr. I have set up google sites, google groups, shutterfly sites. Many of my sites are semi-private and are used for sharing at work or with family and friends. However, I don’t do Facebook or Twitter. I only force myself to set up a Facebook account for my work purpose, but I hardly use it.
- Your favorite pattern? Sorry, the answer is also “none”. I like all types of pattern if they appeal to me and are meaningful to me.
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Neither. I don’t like to spend time shopping for gifts. Although I am always grateful when I receive gifts, I often have trouble in returning the favor. It is hard to find things that the receiver likes.
- Your favorite number? 8
- Your favorite day of the week? Saturday
- Your favorite flower? I don’t have a green thumb. I don’t do gardening myself. I do love cut flowers and plants, but I hardly keep them alive! My favorite flower is orchid, all types of orchid.
- What is your passion? Art is my passion. I learned painting when I was a child, and I used to like European paintings only. I have begun to learn and appreciate Asian art including East Asian art since a few years ago. I like to travel, and I usually take the opportunity to appreciate art wherever I travel.
4) And finally, offer “pay it forward” nominations, advising those bloggers that they have been nominated and how to accept.
Dear fellow bloggers, I know some of you have got many awards already, including Freshly Pressed. However, I cannot help nominating you for another award, because I feel that you deserve all these awards. There are a few of you that I have nominated before, but I still want to do that again because you have inspired me so much, that I really want you to accept this special award named “Reader Appreciation Award”, to show my appreciation as your reader. If you don’t want to accept another award, please just acknowledge it in your heart and you don’t have to reply. I will know if I have not heard from you. I just want to use this opportunity to show my appreciation.
These are my nominations:
http://musiqdragonfly.wordpress.com - Needless to say, your blog has been very inspiring to me. I appreciate that you have included me in the discussion and conversation on art and music. I am re-nominating you since this is about “reader appreciation”!
http://semiclassicallimit.wordpress.com - I was introduced by your blogger friend musiqdragonfly to read your blog, which is very classical (instead of semi-classical), and highly intellectual. Thank you for sharing your wisdom. I look forward to reading more of your posts and learning from them.
http://eof737.wordpress.com - You are a recipient of Freshly Pressed award. Although we didn’t talk much, you have been very kind to frequently visit my posts and liking them. I respect and appreciate your posts, especially this one on the victory of President Obama in the 2012 election. THANK YOU! http://eof737.wordpress.com/2012/11/07/reflections-moving-forward/
http://becomingmadame.wordpress.com - You are one of the few earlier blogs that i have been faithfully following. You are still one of my favorites, and I look forward to reading all your interesting posts written in Paris. Your most recently post is especially appealing to me, telling us how the Marines Ball in Paris also celebrated the re-election of President Obama. THANK YOU! http://becomingmadame.wordpress.com/2012/11/07/the-expat-parisian-social-calender-marines-ball-paris/
http://sydneyfong.wordpress.com - Your posts about Singapore are very interesting to me.
http://sigoese.wordpress.com - Your photos are awesome. Keep on posting your good work!
http://wheresmybackpack.com - You have taken the lead in designating a travel theme every week. Your leadership is much appreciated. You have put in lots of thoughts in your posts. We have all benefited from your thoughtfulness.
http://thismansjourney.net/ - Your blog is very family oriented, and you have kindly followed my blogs and have liked many of my posts. Thank you for your kindness and your inspiration.
http://janetsnotebook.com –Your blog is one of the few new ones that I found. One of the earliest posts that I appreciated was the introduction of the Literature Nobel Prize winner. Your creativity can be seen from the Weekly Photo Challenge: Big -You have used the Chinese character BIG to demonstrate the theme. That’s how I noticed your blog and your creativity. Keep up your good work!
http://clanmother.com –Needless to say, you are my greatest supporter and most inspiring blogger friend. I have nominated your Chasing Art blog, but this is for your clanmother blog. Your posts have been very inspirational to me. Your dialogue on various topics is interesting and intellectually cultivated. Thank you for all your support and leadership in creating the dialogue.
I hope you will all accept my nominations. But if you don’t, I will understand. I really appreciate this opportunity to appreciate all of you for enriching my blogging experience. I am also glad that we represent the cultural diversity that I always treasure. We are from different continents, including Northern America, Europe, and Asia; and countries from Belgium, Italy, Canada, England, Singapore, Indonesia, France, and the United States.
Additional note: I have posted the link and the badge of the previous Super-Sweet Award here, so that all awards will be in one category. The Super Sweet Award was not intended for my Food Blog, but I posted it there to make the post more interesting since the cupcakes are desserts! I do not want to copy that post here as it may be confusing to all the previous nominees since it was a past event. If you are interested reading the nominations of the Super Sweet Award, please check out the link to that post.