Wonderful Team Member Readership Award
I just came back from a fun trip to South America. I am working very hard to get my photos ready for posting in my travel websites and hopefully to include some of them in my blogs. Right before my trip, I was so honored to receive a nomination for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award from the Retiring Sort. TRS is a wonderful person whose blog has inspired me a lot, particularly in her travel experience, and her thoughts and activities post retirement. I have been following her blog without realizing that she has had so many awards, including the Freshly Pressed
Having worked in a team setting for many years, I am really happy to receive this award. These are the requirements:
- Display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar – Done!
- The Nominee must finish this sentence and post: ”A Great reader is…” . This is the response of the RTS: “I think a great reader is one who takes time to read and respond to other blogger’s posts, and who takes time to acknowledge and respond to comments and pingbacks on his/her own blog. We’re all in this together, and the team works best when we support and learn from one another.” I am glad that my blogger friends recognize my team spirit. I do think that this is about me, about what I always do to acknowledge and respond to other blogs, and try to make constructive comments. This is my response to finish this sentence. “A Great reader is one that will give constructive comments to others, instead of just saying good things about them. I think no matter how good you/we are, there is always room for improvement and lots of things to learn. A great reader will help others to achieve these goals.”
- Nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days (1 week) – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be ALL on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, etc., naming his or her nominees on a post or on posts during the 1 week) period. As I have been out of the country, I cannot do this within one week. If I can still work on this award, I would like to nominate the following bloggers who I think are great readers that deserve the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award. See my list below. These are all people who have taken the time to reach out to other bloggers in comments.
- The Nominee shall make these rules, or amended rules keeping to the spirit of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award, known to each reader s/he nominates. Done, in comments on their blogs and pingbacks from this post.
I hope you will accept my nomination for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award. You are all very responsive to writing comments on other blogs and very often initiate a discussion which is very helpful for readers that follow the blogs. I owe you a lot as I learn from you every time I read your blog. Please continue your good teamwork spirit. And I will continue to follow you!
Blog of the Year 2012’ Award:
My other pleasant surprise received during my vacation is the nomination from clanmother for the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award:
Rebecca or clanmother, has been the most supportive blogger friend in my “blogging life”. She has been nominated for many awards many times during the year. I am really honored to receive this nomination. As I only started to blog since June, 2012, a six months’ “tenure” seems too short to receive such an honor. However, I have to say that I have learned a lot from the Blogging Community. Clanmother is a perfect model for me to follow, although I know that I will never been as good as her. Do you know that she has altogether got 8 star awards for the Blog of the Year 2012 Award? I salute you, Rebecca! You did such a good job in 2012, that you do deserve on these awards. I am honored to be your friend in the blogging community.
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
The following are the stars that I would like to nominate for the Blog of the Year 2012 Award.
Dear Nominees, I hope you would accept my nomination. You have done a great job in your blogs, and I have been your faithful follower. I hope you will continue to be the star in my blogging life in 2013. Good luck, good health to all of you, and I wish you a very happy new year!
Denise aka friendlytm
29 Comments Add yours
Congratulations, my dear friend on your well deserved awards and congratulations to all those remarkable bloggers who received your nomination. I am delighted and honoured that you included my blog in this esteemed group. We have had an exciting 2012 and I know that 2013 will be full of adventures. So glad that we are on the blogging journey together….our community is amazing and I am celebrating! You continue to inspire the best in others…
Hi Rebecca: You are so kind. I will follow your blogging journey. You are the one who has really inspired me. Thanks so much!
So glad that we connected…
Congratulations on your awards and thanks for sharing the Blog of the year award!
Thank you for your kind comments.
You really do have a wonderful team spirit. Thanks so much for the lovely comments and pingback for my blog. I look forward to vosisitng the sites you nominated that I’ve never “met!”
Thanks so much. The “team” is really a great one! I do have a few more but they are not interested in awards. Thanks again for being the inspiration all along.
Congrats Denise! And kind thanks for the nomination.
Thank you so much for the nomination and congratulations on all your awards! I really appreciate it! 🙂
Congratulations. You have a beautiful blog that inspires people and make them smile. Thank you for sharing them, An honor and a joy. Wishing you and your family all the joys, love and peace of the holidays.
Thank you for your kind comments. This is an amazing journey meeting all of you in the blogging community. I have learned so much from all of you. I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday and happy new year!
Congratulations!!And thank you very kindly for thinking of my blog! All my very best for a wonderful holiday season! Looking forward to your posts in 2013!!
You are number # 1 on my mind. I always enjoy your post. Some of my family and friends also follow you after I recommend to them. You do have a wide audience because your blog has substance, interesting, and very enjoyable. I look forward to another year of learning from you. I would regard your blog as a classic model which I like very much.
Congratulations on your awards Denise! I have to say I had no idea about this at all… 😆 Apologies if I was silent. TY for adding my blog to the list and I’m grateful I checked! Blessings and many thanks! 🙂
I was the one who messed up. I should have sent you two messages because I nominated you for two awards. Never too late. Thanks for being so responsive.
TY and please could you leave me a link on my blog with the message? I’m working on my TY awards and I’m afraid I might forget as I’ll be scanning my blog for these notifications. TY so much ! 🙂
sure. will do.
Thank you so much for this nomination!
This is my fourth star! Wonderful 🙂
Congrats to you for being nominated four times for the Blog of the Year 2012 award! And mine is already the fourth nomination. You really deserves it! Clanmother is also someone that I admire but we never talked about you. A Chinese Saying : heroes think alike. Of so many bloggers in WordPress, we both consider you! And I never knew that Cynthia who nominated me, also nominated you. Again, I did not know about this till I read your post today. Congrats again! I am so glad that we are all,on the same page. Happy holidays and happy new year,
It’s amazing for me how the web brings together people from different countries, actually from all over the world! Fantastic!
Congrats to you for your fourth nomination 🙂
Thank you for such kind words!
Indeed, there is no language barrier in art, in blogging, and in communication!
and here is example:
Congratulations on your blog awards Denise and I appreciate being nominated by you as well. Thank you so much! Happy New Year!
Thanks so much! Best wishes to you!
Thank you very much for your nomination, it is much more than I deserve! It is a great honor to receive this award from you. 2012 marks the beginning of our blog BWBears and it is great to know friends like you through blogging. At this time, we are quite busy and are unable to regularly update our blog but everything will be alive and running in Spring 2013 I’m sure! Thanks for the award once again and I really enjoy your blog too 🙂
Thanks for your reply. I was worried that I missed notifying you. So I went to your blog again and see if I can find a place to write you …and I found the Lok Yew Tong post. I was thrilled to find you in the blogging community. I wish you both ( BW) a very happy and prosperous 2013! Keep up your good work. I believe you are doing great work to your community too.
Congratulations on receiving your many awards – all well-deserved!
Thanks again for nominating my blog and best wishes for 2013 🙂
Thank you for your kind comments. I sincerely wish you a wonderful 2013!