"Better to travel ten thousand miles than to read ten thousand books" ~ a Chinese proverb
I just came back from a fun trip to South America. I am working very hard to get my photos ready for posting in my travel websites and hopefully to include some of them in my blogs. Right before my trip, I was so honored to receive a nomination for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award from the Retiring Sort. TRS is a wonderful person whose blog has inspired me a lot, particularly in her travel experience, and her thoughts and activities post retirement. I have been following her blog without realizing that she has had so many awards, including the Freshly Pressed
Having worked in a team setting for many years, I am really happy to receive this award. These are the requirements:
I hope you will accept my nomination for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award. You are all very responsive to writing comments on other blogs and very often initiate a discussion which is very helpful for readers that follow the blogs. I owe you a lot as I learn from you every time I read your blog. Please continue your good teamwork spirit. And I will continue to follow you!
My other pleasant surprise received during my vacation is the nomination from clanmother for the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award:
Rebecca or clanmother, has been the most supportive blogger friend in my “blogging life”. She has been nominated for many awards many times during the year. I am really honored to receive this nomination. As I only started to blog since June, 2012, a six months’ “tenure” seems too short to receive such an honor. However, I have to say that I have learned a lot from the Blogging Community. Clanmother is a perfect model for me to follow, although I know that I will never been as good as her. Do you know that she has altogether got 8 star awards for the Blog of the Year 2012 Award? I salute you, Rebecca! You did such a good job in 2012, that you do deserve on these awards. I am honored to be your friend in the blogging community.
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
The following are the stars that I would like to nominate for the Blog of the Year 2012 Award.
Dear Nominees, I hope you would accept my nomination. You have done a great job in your blogs, and I have been your faithful follower. I hope you will continue to be the star in my blogging life in 2013. Good luck, good health to all of you, and I wish you a very happy new year!
Denise aka friendlytm